Spring is coming up crazy here in Austin, and I have the pollen covered car and allergy symptoms to prove it! Which means Easter is almost here. And whats not to love about Easter egg hunts, and bunny rabbits? These little guys are simple to whip up and SO DARN ADORABLE. Last time I made them with a divine vanilla cupcake recipe adapted from Getsweetsmart.com
VANILLA HIPPITY HOPPITY CUPCAKES
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter @ room temp
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup milk, warmed
- 5 tbsp butter
- 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese @ room temp
- sprinkle color of your choice
- bag of marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two muffin trays with cup liners. Add all dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in stand mixer (or hand mixer bowl) and cream together. Add one egg to mix, wait 30 seconds before adding second. Add vanilla and milk, mix well to form a thin batter.
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture slowly to combine well. I like to use a heaping tablespoon at a time to ensure no clumps.
- Pour batter into pans filling ups approx 1/3-1/2, cook for 16-18 minutes, then cool completely.
- FROSTING: Whip together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla and powered sugar and mix until fluffy. Place in pipping bag and apply to your cupcakes! 😀
- ADD SOME EARS JUST FOR EASTER! Cut marshmallows on a 45 degree angle, and apply sticky side to sprinkles of your choice. Then place on cupcakes and you will have adorable bunny cupcakes.
ENJOY! Happy baking and of course eating, until next time! 😀