OMG GUYS. I’ve been in hiding for the last several months, and I’m so sorry. To all my wonderful co-workers who have harangued me to get back on the band wagon thank you. The truth is, I admittedly just purchased a home and have put 23 gallons of paint and a lot of sweat into this house. And just when I was going to get back into this blog thing, I lost my camera chord.
WELL. FINALLY FOUND IT in a tedious search yesterday, so folks. My glorious return. Taco Cups. Love this little dudes, whipped this recipe together when I was in PA school as they were easy to make in bulk and can be topped anyway you want. My personal preference, lots of hot sauce and some sour cream. Let me know what your favorite topping is!
Makes: 16 cups, 90 calories each PRIOR TO TOPPINGS
- 1 lb lean turkey
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 6 whole wheat tortilla quartered
- 2.5 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1.5 cup salsa of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and quarter your tortillas, placing 1/4 into each muffin cup.
- Cook meat with taco seasoning and add to bowl with salsa and black beans, mix.
- Place a large spoonful over each tortilla and top with some cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes until cheese is golden brown and tortillas are crispy!
- Enjoy! 🙂
Happy cooking, and of course eating! Until next time 😀