So I know a lot of us struggle with… well, I’ll be honest, I struggle with having the desire to make dinner constantly during the summer. ESPECIALLY when I’m outside working in the yard or go on a hike and I’m tired from the activity + heat. This recipe, I concocted myself, is fresh, easy to make in bulk and most importantly, delicious!
Quinoa, Kale, Feta Fantastic with Roasted Sweet Potato
Servings: 4, calories 350 each
- 1000gm potatoes cubed, with skins on
- lime juice
- 1 cup dry quinoa cooked
- 1 large bunch kale, or large bag if you don’t feel like removing from stems
- 1/2 feta crumbed
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 sprigs of fresh dill
- balsamic vinegar
- Cube sweet potatoes, dress with lime juice, cinnamon, splenda and toss. I am pretty liberal with the cinnamon, but the amount is up to you! Bake @ 450 for 1 hr.
- Cook quinoa as directed on package (varies with brands), I was able to make the quinoa and potatoes in 1 hr.
- Slice onions and place with 1 tbsp olive oil in sauce pan. Add fresh dill for fragrance, saute until fragrant and onions are light brown in color.
- Pull kale from stems, or add from bag directly to onions and 2 tbsp balsamic. Cook until kale reduces.
- Add quinoa to large bowl and top with kale/onion mix. Finish off with cubed tomatoes and feta.
- You can stir in potatoes with each serving, or eat on side. I found that they were a little mushy when sitting with tomatoes. Do as you wish, it tastes great either way. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and all that’s left is to grab a fork and get some!
Happy cooking and of course eating, until next time! 😀