Lasagna, just the cat Garfield, who doesn’t love a comforting plate of lasagna. Found this awesome keto lasagna recipe from PeaceLoveandLowCarb and it is so good, I can’t help but share. Make this for your family/friends/SO today, I hazard to say, its even easier to put together than the regular version. But, you will have to see for yourself. 😀
KETO LASAGNA DELICIOUSNESS
Serves: 4, 552 cal each serving
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated
- 1 1/4 mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 lb ground beef, 90/10
- 1 can tomato sauce (plus garlic, salt, pepper, red chili flakes and oregano to your liking)
- 6 tbsp low cal ricotta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Making the noodles, this really is the longest part of the process. Can be done ahead of time, or earlier in the day. As long as you give them time to cool down. Line a 13 x 9 baking sheet with parchment paper, spray with non-stick and heat oven to 375.
- Mix together all listed noodle ingredients, and spread over sheet. Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove and let cool, cut into three pieces.
- Preparing the lasagna! Heat oven to 375, prepare sauce, or buy pre-made, whatever your heart desires 🙂
- Place meat in skillet pan, brown and season with garlic powder, red chili flakes, basil and oregano approx 1 tsp each. Top with 3/4 cup sauce, and when well mixed remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup sauce to bottom of loaf pan, then layer noodle, ricotta cheese (2 tbsp each layer), 1/3 meat and 1/3 mozzarella cheese. Layer until you run out of noodles.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown on top. Cut and serve. Re-heats very well for lunches 😀
Happy cooking and of course eating, until next time! 😀