This recipe is prime example of why you should always give it a once through prior to cooking it. I’ll be honest with you, this is the first time I have ever made a recipe that was inedible, and had to be tossed. It was a very sad day at my house.
This recipe is easy to make (when done properly), super tasty and has a lot of moisture to the chicken breasts. Recipe adapted from The Pinning Mama’s rendition. Most of these ingredients are hanging around the house at all times, especially when the fridge is dwindling.
Servings: 5/428 cal
- 42 oz chicken breasts with fat trimmed off
- 1/2 cup cilantro avocado yogurt dressing (so delicious)
- 8 pieces of bacon, not cooked
- 1/3 cup colby jack cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp powdered garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and spray a 13 x 9 with non-stick cooking spray. Trim up chicken to prep for pan.
- Layer chicken throughout bottom of pan, and top with yogurt dressing.
- Layer with uncooked bacon
- Place in oven for 60 minutes to assure chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Cover cooked chicken and bacon with cheese mixture and spices and cook for 5 minutes to melt and brown cheese.
- Take straight to the table and dig in! Goes great with roasted green beans 😀
Happy cooking and of course eating, until next time! 😀