Growing up as a child, one of my favorite meals was my mothers mac & cheese. So creamy, and cheesy. Still love to make that amazing dish from time to time, but recently wanted to change it up. Put a spin on mac & cheese to make it GF and low carb! WHEW!
Behold, cauliflower Mac & Cheese with bacon of course. This recipe is super easy, low carb, and GF. Plus, won’t expand your waistline, too much anyways 😉
CAULIFLOWER MAC & CHEESE WITH BACON!
Servings: 4, 424 calories each
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 oz cream cheese, low fat
- 4 oz heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz almond milk
- 4 oz motzarella cheese shredded
- 4 oz aged cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces cooked bacon, crumbled
- salt, pepper and garlic!
- 8 x 8 round or square baking dish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, and place pot of water on to boil while you prep cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower florets in boiling water until soft, approx 5-8 minutes, remove, drain and add to pre-sprayed non-stick pan.
- Make the cheese! Place heavy whipping cream and almond milk on med-high heat. When starts to boil, add cream cheese, 4 cloves fresh pressed garlic (powder will do if its all you have, 1 tbsp), salt and pepper 1 tsp each. Whisk until cream cheese is dissolved. Add 6 oz of cheese and continue to stir. Add in chopped cooked bacon and your ready to pour over the cauliflower mixture.
- When all well mixed, and thick, pour over cauliflower, and fold in. Top with remaining 2 oz of cheese and your ready to bake.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 400, then broil for remaining 2-3 minutes until golden brown to your liking.
- Dish out and enjoy with your favorite veggie. Growing up, it was always tomato slices with salt & pepper, thinking of you mom!
Happy cooking and of course eating, until next time! 😀