I must admit, we are on a keto adventure at our house, so a lot of these recipes incoming will be low carb, GF treats. I made this one on a whim as I had extra cauliflower lurking in the fridge after making keto pizza and it turned out quite delicious with all the creaminess of mashed potatoes. I know your behind your screen looking skeptical, however, just trust me… These rock! Recipe adapted from iBREATHE a fabulous low carb recipe site.
CAULIFLOWER MASH, JUST LIKE POTATOES, EXCEPT NOT
Servings: 3/318 calories each
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower florets, almond milk, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper into microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Use food processor or hand blender to transition to mashed potato consistency. Fold in bacon and mozzarella cheese, season additionally as needed.
Happy cooking, and of course eating! Until next time 😀