The killer of most diets is, you guessed it. PIZZA. You have a slice and it sets you back 300-500 calories. Most people would say that those two pieces are hardly worth not eating all day to enjoy. So what if I told you, you could have HALF a pizza for 700 calories? You’re listening now… KETO PIZZA!
For those of you who are not familiar with Keto diets, its basically a high fat/medium protein/low carb spread. Goals of keto are to consume 20/g of carbs a day or slightly less so your body learns to burn fat instead of glucose from carb intake. Results are fabulous for that plateau that has been kicking you in the butt. Once in keto, the fat literally melts off, and the progress is so motivating.
But anyways, enough about dieting, let’s talk about pizza. Make this today, your kids will even love it, I promise. Well, maybe if you take out the red pepper flakes they may like it more. 🙂
DAT KETO PIZZA
Servings: 2-4 depending on how you split it; 350 cal for 1/4 pizza (including 2 servings of pepperoni, sauce and 2 oz of cheese to top it)
Crust ALONE: 1014 calories
- 2 cups riced, cooked cauliflower (no worries, I’ll tell you how to do this)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan aged shredded cheese
- 1 tsp: oregano & basil
- 2 tsp: red chili flakes & garlic
- 2 eggs, beaten
- pinch salt
- 1 can tomato sauce + seasoning of your choice to jazz it up OR pre-fabricated tomato sauce
- toppinggssss! You can literally use anything
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Get out your food processor and get ready to rice some cauliflower. Cut cauliflower head into florets, then place in a food processor and pulse until rice like consistency is obtained. See below.
- Place 2 cups of riced cauliflower in microwave safe dish and cook for 8 minutes to let moisture leach out of the cauliflower. When completed, mash onto paper towel or kitchen towel to release extra moisture.
- Add to bowl with spices, cheese and egg and mix well. Spray parchment paper on a 13 x 9 and spread evenly on sheet and its into the oven! Cook approx 8-10 minutes, can cook longer to obtain more of a golden brown consistency.
- Add sauce & toppings and pop back into the oven until cheese melts. Make sure you keep an eye on it at this stage as things can burn quickly at high temps.
- Remove from oven, cut and enjoy! Folds like a floppy New York Style Pizza Pie!
Enjoy! Happy cooking and of course eating, until next time! 😀