Went to dinner at a friends house the other day, and was in charge of dessert! One of of favorite meals to make of course. That inner fat kid in me, can’t help but shine. 🙂 Found this beauty on line from the fabulous Parsley Sage Sweet blog. Check this gal out, she makes lovely treats and eats!
Anyway, onto this peanut butter pie, this thing is oh so sweet, just on the boarder of too much, but oh so creamy, peanutbuttery and delicious. Plus it doesn’t even involve an oven, how great is that. Either way, hop to it, unless you have a peanut allergy of course 😀
PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERFINGER PIE, OH MY!
Servings: As many or as few as you desire, makes one 8-in spring form
- 1 pkg nutter butter cookies
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 10 oz confectioner sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (1 pint)
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 oz fresh peanuts, regular
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pkg of Butterfinger cups, 1 pkg of Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place pkg of nutter butter cookies in food processor and pulse until fine crumbs that gather together. Add 4 tbsp melted butter to crumbs while pulsing. Put into bottom of 8-in spring form pan.
- Melt 4 oz of semisweet chocolate, 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp corn syrup in microwave then pour over crust. Chop 2 oz of peanuts and place over top of chocolate layer. Place pan in fridge while making filling for pie.
- Pour 1 cup heavy cream into blender and whip until forms stiff peaks, remove to separate container and place in fridge.
- Place cream cheese and peanut butter in mixer and beat until fluffy. Turn down mixer speed to low and add confectioner sugar, lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix until mixture is thin and smooth, then fold in whipped whip cream and pour over spring form pan.
- Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Make the whipped topping! Place 1 cup whipping cream, 1/4 cup confectioner sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbsp granulated sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Whip until stiff, place in gallon zip-lock bag, cut off tip and dispense however you wish in a pattern on top of pie. Cut up butterfinger and peanut butter cups and place on top. Chill in fridge until serving time.
Happy baking and of course eating! This pie is so delicious, you can’t help but dive in 😀