Ah, cinnamon buns, a fabulous weekend afternoon treat. This post brought to you possible by my mothers generosity on vacation. We were all bumming around relaxing on a Saturday, and she lent me her kitchen to whip up a batch of these delicious cinnamon rolls. Best part is, they don’t take very long to make! Give them a try this weekend, I promise you won’t regret it.
CINNABUNZ CHAI BANANZA
Servings: Make 12 rolls, but I didn’t add up the calories for this one, admittedly I was afraid to know, just enjoy instead 😉
- Dough & Filling:
- 2 3/4 C flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp almond extract, 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp wild tree chai mix
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla & 1/2 tsp almond extract
- In large bowl, combine, yeast, salt and flour. In small microwaveable bowl combine 6 tbsp butter, milk, water and sugar and warm in microwave until warm to touch. Approx 30-45 sec depending on your microwave.
- Combine all together and knead on well floured surface for 4-5 minutes until soft and elastic. Place in bowl and let rest in warm area for 20 minutes.
- While dough is resting, mix together cinnamon, chai mix, brown sugar, almond and vanilla extract (listed in dough section). Melt 2 tbsp butter and let stand.
- Roll out dough into large rectangle
- Spread butter over dough, and cover evenly with inner mixture.
- Roll tightly, and cut into 12 pieces. Place into well greased 13 x 9 pan, and cover with foil and let rise for 1 hr in a warm place.
- I like to place mine on top of the oven covered, and turn on oven approx 30 mins prior to baking. The additional heat will help it rise. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and make glaze.
- Combine all item listed under glaze above: almond and vanilla extract, milk, melted butter and powdered sugar. Whisk and spread over cinnamon buns.
- Dole these babies out and enjoy. I promise you won’t be sorry, they are worth every minute of work.
Happy baking and of course eating, until next time! 😀