MMMmm… Curry. There is something that is just so satisfying about sitting down to a big bowl of veggies, noodles and warm, inviting curry flavors. Cleaned out my fridge a couple weeks ago, and this beauty was born.
VEGGIE CURRY NOODLE BOWL
Servings: 4/approx 275 cal/each
- 1/3 pkg brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 heaping tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- chopped green onion, medium onion, 2 cups broccoli, 1 cup carrots, and asparagus
- handful of fresh minced basil
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Prep all your veggies. This can take a bit, and you don’t want your sauce to burn while you are fussing with them.
- Soak your noodles in cold water to soften and grab two pans. Two frying pans, one for curry sauce, other for veggies.
- Start the sauce, add 1 tbsp olive oil to pan and heat. Add green onion, garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant. Add curry paste and stir to combine well before pouring in coconut milk. Stir in soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha and sugar and let simmer for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Veggies! Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and add onions and carrots. Saute until onions are soft and mildly translucent. Then toss in remaining veggies, in my case, broccoli, asparagus and basil.
- When sauce achieves thickened consistency, add noodles to sauce, then pour in vegetables. Divide up, serve and ENJOY!
Happy cooking, and of course, eating! Until next time 😀