Starting off the New Year of 2016 with cheer annnddddd too many sweet potatoes in my pantry. So, here we go! WAFFLES!? I mean who doesn’t love them.
So fire up that waffle iron and lets rock and roll!
SWEET POTATO DILL WAFFLES
Servings: 4 waffles, standard size
- 2 eggs
- one medium sized yellow onion cubed
- 3 tbsp dill, fresher the better
- salt and pepper, 1 tsp each
- 800gm shredded sweet potato
- Peel and shred potato, I use my food processor to make it more even. Chop onion and all all to bowl, with eggs and spices and mix. Consistency should be slightly sticky and wet.
- When the waffle iron is hot and steaming, spray thoroughly with non-stick spray EVEN if its already non-stick. The egg white loves to adhere to anything.
- Let cook for approx 8-10 minutes until brown, some waffle makers take longer to cook the potato through and brown. PATIENCE HERE IS KEY, I know this step is always what makes me the most impatient. They should come out looking like this:
- Serve alone or with my favorite, a runny egg Happy cooking and of course eating! Until next time 😀