I’ve been meaning to post this recipe for sometime, the frozen bananas lurking in my freezer really needed a home. Had some friends over for brunch the other day, and while grocery shopping for supplies, it dawned on me. Banana bread!
Banana Bread Bonanza!
Makes 2 loafs –> 2500 cal/loaf split up as you desire
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 4 eggs at room temperature (out on counter 30-60 mins prior to use)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- OPTIONAL: roasted nuts or dried cranberries 1 cup
- Pre-heat oven to 350, and spray two loaf pans with non-stick spray. Add all dry ingredients to bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar and mix until creamed, I like to use my kitchen aid mixer for this, but can be completed by hand.
- Whisk together eggs and vanilla and add to creamed butter mixture.
- Remove banana peels and mash with fork until thick and chunky and add to mixture.
- Fold in dry ingredients until JUST MIXED. Divide and pour into pre-sprayed pans and bake for 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool on rack for 15 minutes and invert to finish cooling, or serve warm with butter. ENJOY!
Happy cooking, and of course eating! 😀 Until next time