SO I had a head of cabbage staring me in the face begging to be eaten… My mind started spinning, what in the heck do I do with a WHOLE HEAD of cabbage if its not in a soup…?
EUREKA! Roast it. Plus, that fresh huge bunch of dill was winking at me too. Silly veggies in my fridge, you cause me so much trouble. Anyway, make this, even if cabbage isn’t your favorite thing. I promise it will turn your perspective around!
Lushious Roasted Lettuce Topped With Butter Dreams
Servings: 3, 150cal each
- 1 head green cabbage
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- pinch of salt, small
- 1 tsp aged balsalmic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and line a 13 x9 with parchment paper. Cut your cabbage into 3/4″ to 1″ slices. Spray parchment paper with non-stick and arrange.
- Cook for 25 minutes, then flip, re-spray and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- While on the second side, make the sauce. Start by melting butter over med-high heat in small sauce pan. When melted, add salt, dill, mustard and balsamic. Mix and let heat through. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Divide cabbage into three portions and top with equal distribution of sauce and enjoy!
Happy cooking and of course eating 😀 Until next time!