This teaser post on facebook has gotten a lot of attention at work, and I was asked to move it up the list for sharing this week! I promise next week I will switch over to some Thanksgiving things. I have an AMAZING apple pie to share with y’all and a fantastic, flavorful turkey brine to catapult your dinner to the top of your guests lists.
So speaking of falafel, I had a very strange craving for it the other night, and a bunch of herbs just begging to be used in the fridge. Plus, this incredible bunch of spicy dill from JBG Co-Op kept winking at me, so it was falafel time. This recipe is adapted from the lovely Dana at Minimalist Baker. She is pretty great, check her out!
SCRUMPTIOUS FALAFEL WITH GINGER, LEMON, DILL DOLLOP OF LOVE
Makes 4 servings: 165 cal each/ 185 each with dill sauce 😀
- 1 bunch parsley and cilantro
- 1 large lemon well rolled or lemon juice (2 1/2 tbsp)
- cumin (2 tsp)
- 1 can drained and rinsed chick peas
- garlic, 4 cloves
- 1/3 cup walnuts, ground
- Dill Sauce
- 1 tbsp, ginger paste
- 4 tbsp light sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Heat oven to 375, line a cookie sheet with foil and wash those herbs! Place parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, cumin, garlic and a pinch of salt into food processor and blend.
- Add can of chick peas, drained and rinsed to the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Move to a separate mixing bowl, then blend 1/3 cup of walnuts in food processor and add to mixing bowl and mix away! Separate into four portions, and form a patty.
- Place in freezer for 10-20 minutes to form patty, and then its into the oven for these guys. Bake for 40-50 minutes, turning halfway through. While baking, make your dill sauce to accompany these lovely falafel.
- DILL SAUCE: In a small bowl, combine 4 tbsp light sour cream, 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1 tbsp chopped dill, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and pinch of salt, mix and refrigerate.
- After removing patties from oven, top with one heaping tablespoon, or adorably a dollop atop a patty and enjoy!
Happy cooking and of course eating, until next time! 😀