I don’t know about y’all, however I’m not a traditional spaghetti and meatball person. But any other kind of meatball? Sure I’ll bite. I recently stumbled across this fantastic recipe at Bakerbynature.com and its a super easy, delicious recipe. I changed it up a bit, and loved the outcome! They were for sure a crowd pleaser. Let me know how yours turn out 😉
SRIRACHA TERIYAKI MEATBALLS
Makes: 40 meatballs/40 calories each
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey, fresh or completely thawed
- 6 cloves minced garlic, fresh
- 2 large egg
- cilantro chopped, fresh
- sodium free soy sauce
- sriracha sauce
- 1 cup Japanese style panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger ( can use squeeze tube available with other herbs)
- freshly made brown rice
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (easily omitted if you don’t want them)
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- peanut sauce
- red pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- corn starch
- Make ahead brown rice (as it takes 40 mins to cook) or make during, just know will not be done at same time.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and place cookie sheet with parchment on it aside.
- Grab a large bowl and add: turkey meat, garlic, egg, cilantro, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tsp soy, ginger, pepper and panko. Mix together with hands manually, adding little bits of lukewarm water as you go. Mixture should be very moist and sticky to touch ( I used 1/2 my water, depends on freshness of ingredients and climate however).
3. MAKE THE MEATBALLS!!! Grab approx 1 tbsp mixture and roll into a ball, set aside on plate. My mixture made approx 40 meatballs.
4. Place 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet on med-high, when warm add meatballs to pan and cover to cook. Cook 1-2 minutes each side, or until lightly browned.
5. Once browned, spread out evenly on baking sheet and pop in oven for 13 minutes to finish cooking through.
6. While meatballs are baking, make sauce. Place small sauce pain on stove and mix together 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tbsp peanut sauce, 2 tbsp sriracha, 2 tsp fresh ginger, 1/3 cup water, and 1/2 cup soy sauce. Whisk together, and then take out 1/4 cup sauce into small separate bowl and thicken with 2 tbsp corn starch. Add back to mixture and warm on low heat whisking until stars to thicken. Add to final mixture sesame seeds
7. When meatballs are cooked, place in large clean bowl, and add sauce over top tossing. To finish place desired number of meatballs on top of desired amount of rice and ENJOY!
Happy cooking, and of course eating! 😀
::TEASER:: Just made an incredible mushroom, black bean, onion pancake recipe that is COMING SOON! So stay tuned 🙂