Sorry to all of you who missed me last week, was in California and left all un-needed technology at home! Promise two posts this week to make up for my hiatus. California was gorgeous BTW!
Anyways, this soup is an easy, tasty, and low calorie choice when you a) have no time, or b) have no calories left for a good meal. This soup is great re-heated and high in protein for all of y’all pumping iron out there 🙂 I have made and adapted this from a find on Pinterest on Real Simple but as for those who know me, I can’t help but change every recipe I use. Time after time… Maybe I’ll learn one day.
SAUSAGE, BEAN & KALE DREAM
Makes: 4 servings, 320-430 cal each (all depends on the type of sausage you use)
- Olive oil
- 1 pkg of sausages of your choice ( I usually grab chicken sausages or brats)
- garlic cloves, diced
- 19 oz can of canellini beans, rinsed
- 16 oz chicken stock ( you can use 1 pkg from the grocery, but I make mine by the cup)
- 1 14.5 oz can of Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 large bag of kale
- salt, pepper, dried dill, and red pepper flakes
- Place large stock pot on med-high heat and add 1tbsp olive oil. While pan is warming up, cut sausages and garlic. Add garlic to pan first to mix with oil then sausage, cooking until well browned.
2. Add tomatoes, beans, broth, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and dill (dry). I usually use a tsp to tbsp of each spices. Taste broth to make sure it is to your liking, and turn up heat to bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, add full bag or two large fresh heads of kale to stock pot. Should fill up to brim. Stir in until wilted and serve!
This recipe goes great with fresh naan or bread on the side. But that recipe is yet to come, trust me… you don’t want to miss this girls naan. COMING SOON!
Happy Cooking and of course eating! 😀