This recipe has to be one of my most well known dishes. I can’t go through an event without bringing the guacamole or I get in trouble! Sure to be a crowd pleaser, my recipe is made to feed approx 25 people, can cut in half to make for a smaller crowd.
Oh Holy Guacamole!
- 10 ripe avocados
- 2 large yellow onions
- 8 medium sized tomatoes
- 2 bushels of cilantro
- 8 cloves of garlic
- salt, lime juice, and hot sauce
- tortilla or other serving chips
1. Get a large bowl, cutting board, knife and trash can (you will have lots of debris!)
2. Cut, remove seed and shell out avocados and place in bowl, then mash.
3. Chop tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, and onion and add to the bowl. Next add salt, lime juice and hot sauce to taste.
I tend to split the guacamole into two groups at gatherings so you can have a small bowl without hot sauce, and a larger bowl with a lot of hot sauce. If your my friends at least 😉
Happy cooking, and of course eating! 😀