Hi all, getting ramped up for my 90 day body fat loss at Lifetime Fitness starting on Saturday. So I’ve been searching out those quick bites that keep my energy up and are protein packed! This recipe is adapted from one of the nurses at my work and came out SO TASTY! Thanks Hiliary, these are so divine.
Coconut Protein Balls
Makes 24 balls, 140cal/each
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup flax seeds whole
- 1/3 cup chia seeds whole
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 14 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp coconut butter (found mine at Central Market)
- 4 tbsp splenda
- loose coconut unsweetened flakes
- Place almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, salt, cocoa powder, Splenda into food processor.
2. Blend until reaches a chunky crumb consistency. Then add dates (de-seeded), and coconut butter. Pulse until starts to stick together with dough-y consistency.
3. Make ball form with 2 tbsp of mixture for each ball. Roll between hands and place on plate. Mixture should form 24 balls. To finish dust with unsweetened coconut. Store in container in fridge, good for 7-10 days.
Happy cooking and of course eating! 😀